Interested in volunteering with the GCDP? Want to receive regular updates about our local democratic party happenings and issues? Sign up here!
Ways you can help:
- Attend Democratic Party events.
- Support GCDP financially. Send checks to GCDP or donate online.
- Get active with your precinct and galvanize your neighbors.
- Coordinate mailing campaigns to reach voters.
- Make phone calls to inform voters during election season.
- Canvass neighborhoods with GCDP volunteers to get out the vote.
- Collect and analyze data to support our get out the vote efforts.
- Help write a newsletter or information pamphlets.
- Be an informed voter and share your ideas.
- Volunteer your other talents and resources.
Join a GCDP Organization
We encourage all registered and prospective Democrats to join and volunteer in our GCDP auxiliary organizations and help us promote the Democratic Party’s cause.
Get Involved with Your Precinct
The precinct is the cornerstone of the North Carolina Democratic Party. Participating at the precinct level offers you opportunities for greater involvement at county, district, and state levels. Precinct leaders serve as delegates to the county convention, submit resolutions, and are eligible to vote for the leadership of the party.
Precincts are also the grassroots of the Democratic Party — local volunteers talking neighbor to neighbor, encouraging fellow Democrats and others to register and vote, results in higher voter turnout and more elections won. In fact, it’s one of the most effective tools we can use. Precinct volunteers are key to identifying inactive and/or unregistered Democrats in the neighborhood and encouraging them to vote in upcoming elections.
Learn more about how precincts work in the NC Democratic Party Plan of Organization.
To find out if your precinct is organized and how to get involved, contact the GCDP office!