Get Involved with Your Precinct
The precinct is the cornerstone of the North Carolina Democratic Party. Participating at the precinct level offers you opportunities for greater involvement at county, district, and state levels. Precinct leaders serve as delegates to the county convention, submit resolutions, and are eligible to vote for the leadership of the party.
Precincts are also the grassroots of the Democratic Party — local volunteers talking neighbor to neighbor, encouraging fellow Democrats and others to register and vote, results in higher voter turnout and more elections won. In fact, it’s one of the most effective tools we can use. Precinct volunteers are key to identifying inactive and/or unregistered Democrats in the neighborhood and encouraging them to vote in upcoming elections.
Learn more about how precincts work in the NC Democratic Party Plan of Organization.
To find out if your precinct is organized and how to get involved, contact us!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336.292.2997 for general inquiries.
- Or directly contact GCDP Greensboro Chair Pete Shaw (540.915.9010), GCDP Rural Chair Leslie Martin (email@example.com or 336.254.3717), or GCDP High Point Chair Josh “Fox” Brown (fox@GuilfordDems.org or 336.420.2298).
- Check out the NCDP 2019 Precinct Packet, a guide to organizing your precinct.
- See our list of precincts still requiring organization
- Find your precinct map (under “Reports, Data & Maps”) at https://www.guilfordcountync.gov/home/showdocument?id=128
- Proxy form
Upcoming precinct events
Nothing from February 23, 2019 to May 23, 2019.
Announcing your precinct events
First, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time, and location for your precinct meeting along with contact information. This will ensure that your meeting is included in the weekly GCDP blast (eNewsletter) and website.
Next, using the list provided, canvass and/or call the Democrats within your precinct and invite them to the meeting.
Contact your local newspapers and have them list the meeting in their public notices. Some publications are listed below:
- The News and Record – email@example.com
- The Northwest Observer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The High Point Enterprise – www.hpenews.com
- The Carolina Peacemaker – www.peacemakeronline.com
- Jamestown News – www.jamestownnews.com
Post on Social Media
- Facebook groups including Democratic Women of Guilford County and the Guilford County Democratic Party Facebook page are great places to post.
Place a notification at the polling place (template provided in the Precinct Organization Packet). Please note: Your Polling location may not allow you to post a notification.
Other things you may try:
- HOA newsletters
- Next Door (app and website)
NOTE: Public notice for precinct meetings should be given at least seven (7) days in advance. Weekday precinct meetings shall begin no earlier than 6:00 PM and no later than 7:30 PM. Weekend meetings shall be held between the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
If you have any questions or suggestions for other notification efforts not mentioned above, please contact:
- Pete Shaw, Greensboro Vice Chair, 540.915.9010
- Leslie Martin, Rural Vice Chair, email@example.com, 336.254.3717
- Josh “Fox” Brown, High Point Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 336.420.2298
- Democratic HQ, email@example.com, 336.292.2997