The County Executive Committee Meeting that was postponed due to inclement weather has been rescheduled for SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 10 a.m. at Trinity AME Zion Church, 631 E. Florida Street, Greensboro. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. Members of the CEC will be notified by mail.
This CEC meeting is being held to elect a new Greensboro Vice Chair and a male SEC member. If you are interested in running for either role and would like for us to share a short bio with your qualifications please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To run for Greensboro Vice Chair, you must be a registered Democrat in a Greensboro precinct. Responsibilities for the Greensboro Vice Chair position are as follows:
- Notify Greensboro precinct chairs as to the number of votes that each precinct is entitled to cast at the county executive committee and the county convention;
- Serve as the coordinator for all precinct and party organizing efforts within Greensboro, in consultation with the other officers and consistent with the strategic plan approved by the county executive committee;
- Attend meetings of the district executive committee;
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the county executive committee;
- Transmit all records pertaining to the office to successor within ten (10) days of vacating office.
For a list of responsibilities and requirements for SEC members, please refer to section 4.01 of the Plan of Organization: