Get Involved with Your Precinct
The precinct is the cornerstone of the North Carolina Democratic Party. Participating at the precinct level offers you opportunities for greater involvement at county, district, and state levels. Precinct leaders serve as delegates to the county convention, submit resolutions, and are eligible to vote for the leadership of the party.
Precincts are also the grassroots of the Democratic Party — local volunteers talking neighbor to neighbor, encouraging fellow Democrats and others to register and vote, results in higher voter turnout and more elections won. In fact, it’s one of the most effective tools we can use. Precinct volunteers are key to identifying inactive and/or unregistered Democrats in the neighborhood and encouraging them to vote in upcoming elections.
Learn more about how precincts work in the NC Democratic Party Plan of Organization.
To find out if your precinct is organized and how to get involved, contact us!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336.292.2997 for general inquiries.
- Or directly contact GCDP Greensboro Chair Pete Shaw (540.915.9010), GCDP Rural Chair Linda Archer (email@example.com), or GCDP High Point Chair Bev Bard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Check out the NCDP 2019 Precinct Packet, a guide to organizing your precinct.
- See our list of precincts still requiring organization
- Proxy form
- Please feel free to use the map below to find which precinct you belong to! Precincts in gray have not yet been organized.
Upcoming precinct events
Cluster Meeting for Precincts G50, G58, G60 & G61
May 20, 2019 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Culichi Méxican seafood Bar & Grill, 3025 W Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403, USA
Cluster Meeting for Precincts G38, G62, G64, G49
May 20, 2019 5:45 pm - 8:00 pm
Spare Time Entertainment & Restaurant, 5502 Hornaday Road, Greensboro
Precinct G66 Meeting
May 20, 2019 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Panera Bread, 4203 W Wendover Ave, Greensboro, NC 27407, USA
Cluster Meeting for Precincts G37, G32, G52, G47, G31
May 21, 2019 5:45 pm - 8:00 pm
Sarah’s Kabob Shop, 5340 West Market Street, Greensboro
Precinct Cluster Meeting for Precincts CG3B, G23, G24, G29
May 28, 2019 5:45 pm - 8:00 pm
Luna Mexican Seafood Bar & Grill, 3606 N Elm St M, Greensboro, NC 27455, USA
Announcing your precinct events
First, email email@example.com with the date, time, and location for your precinct meeting along with contact information. This will ensure that your meeting is included in the weekly GCDP blast (eNewsletter) and website.
Next, using the list provided, canvass and/or call the Democrats within your precinct and invite them to the meeting.
Contact your local newspapers and have them list the meeting in their public notices. Some publications are listed below:
- The News and Record – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Northwest Observer – email@example.com
- The High Point Enterprise – www.hpenews.com
- The Carolina Peacemaker – www.peacemakeronline.com
- Jamestown News – www.jamestownnews.com
Post on Social Media
- Facebook groups including Democratic Women of Guilford County and the Guilford County Democratic Party Facebook page are great places to post.
Place a notification at the polling place (template provided in the Precinct Organization Packet). Please note: Your Polling location may not allow you to post a notification.
Other things you may try:
- HOA newsletters
- Next Door (app and website)
NOTE: Public notice for precinct meetings should be given at least seven (7) days in advance. Weekday precinct meetings shall begin no earlier than 6:00 PM and no later than 7:30 PM. Weekend meetings shall be held between the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
If you have any questions or suggestions for other notification efforts not mentioned above, please contact:
- Pete Shaw, Greensboro Vice Chair, 540.915.9010
- Linda Archer, Rural Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beverly Bard, High Point Vice Chair, email@example.com
- Democratic HQ, firstname.lastname@example.org, 336.292.2997